We combine an Italian & International flavor with the colorful bounty of fresh Italian & Northwest ingredients, to bring you a healthy and unique menu. We hand select the freshest produce, meats, poultry and seafood to create a meal that will be an enchanting experience, with artistic presentation and refined professional service. Your dining experience you and your loved ones will reminisce.
What does Piattino mean you may wonder?
Passion for flavor, texture and ambiance overflows in this lovely Pearl District Italian restaurant. Guests are made to instantly feel welcome as they are greeted by the warm staff and led to a bigleaf maple burl table set with a water carafe containing a sprig of mint. The natural wood walls are lined with bottles of wine and stacks of wood for the pizza oven. Don’t forget to look up at the gorgeous patterned steel ceiling!
The real adventure at Piattino is the menu. Piattino’s dishes are all so colorful and beautiful! Almost everything is made from scratch in-house — handmade pasta, sauces, ragus and even the bread. Each gnocchi is hand-rolled on a traditional gnocchi board.
The love that our chefs have for all things gastronomic is evident not only in the memorable experience of dining at Piattino, but also in the motto proudly displayed on the menu: “Non si può pensare bene e dormire bene se non si ha mangiato bene.”—”One cannot think well, sleep well, if one has not eaten well.”
We have a full bar, but the emphasis is on excellent wines. Most of our Italian varietals are DOCG certified and pair extremely well with our food. Our patrons really enjoy Barbera D'Asti, Chianti Riserva, Montepulciano from small Italian vineyards. We offer Oregon wines as well and most notably the Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris from Dundee, Oregon. Check out our exquisite wine list, we are sure you will find something you can relish with your decadent meal.
Some fun cocktails that we feature are our Martinis. Be sure to ask about our sweet and spicy martini; a bit of heat and some sweet to offset it with a garnish of fresh mangoes. If you have a special concoction you want us to make, please don't hesitate to ask!
Need some help for your Piattino experience?
- Begin your meal with a starter like Asparagus Grigliati, Ribollita (Tuscan Minestrone) or Insalata Piattino (braised Campari tomatoes, house-made mozzarella and pistachio pesto). Or create a Design-Your-Own Charcuterie Board, selecting the meats and cheeses that you would like in the amount you prefer. There is Gorgonzola and Mascarpone, but have you tried Taleggio, Veigadarte or Cana de Oveja? And you may have already tried Prosciutto and Salumi already, but have you had Bresaola (air-dried, salted beef) or Rosette de Lyon? The presentation of these platters is truly masterful.
- For the entrée portion of the meal, there are the famous wood-fired artisan pizzas, with the traditional Margherita being joined by colorful choices like Capra Nera (goat cheese, buffalo mozzarella, chile, braised leeks, garlic, roasted onions, arugula and black truffle oil). There is also Braised Lamb Shank, and succulent House Meatballs (with handmade linguine, if you wish). The Manzo Manicotti is something davvero speciale (truly special). They are filled with braised beef cheek – the tastiest cut – which has been marinated in herbs and spices and cooked for hours in our wood burning oven until it is unbelievably tender and flavorful.
- As your meal is winding to a close, there are lovely house made desserts, like Tiramisu, Pear and Goat Cheese- cake and Brioche Pudding.
- According to our chefs, your meal at Piattino will be an event you will want to linger over, perhaps with a glass of wine, savoring the attention to detail with which it was prepared.
- A little bit about our interiors if we may indulge you in those finer details All of the interior walls are made from wood from a barn in Aurora, Oregon. The barn is from the late 1800s, probably from some of the first people to move to Oregon. So everything is locally sourced and handmade.